The General Secretary of the PSOE-A, First Vice President of the Government and Minister of Finance, María Jesús Montero, said this Saturday that the new credit transfer of 2,084 million euros provided for injecting funds to the Ministry of Defense “has no special characteristic” and derives that the country works with the General State Budgets (PGE) extended. Thus, he has assured that it is a “very similar” transfer to other previously undertaken and that adding “knows these items perfectly.”
In statements to the media in Seville, where he has participated in a mobilization in defense of Andalusian health, María Jesús Montero has answered questions from the media about information published by the country, regarding a proposal according to addressing in the next session of the Council of Ministers, to transfer 2,084 million euros to the Ministry of Ministers to meet “unavoidable needs” of said department.
This, in a framework in which the central government has an increase in the budget dedicated to defense, to the purpose that in 2029 the items in the matter involve 2% of the total state budget, objective set in 2014 in the bosom of the organization of the North Atlantic Treaty (NATO) and that is on the table in the current scenario of claim to rear United States and Russia postulates.
Montero has wielded in this regard that the Council of Ministers approves “budgetary modifications that allow to accompany a budget that is extended”, that of 2023, to adapt these accounts of two years “to the needs of each moment” current.
Nothing “special” in the operation
“They are very similar modifications to those we did in previous years,” said the Minister of Finance, ensuring that this operation “has no special characteristic.”
In collation, he has defended that the government, at least as regards the PSOE, “has transferred that its concept of defense is a concept of security.” “We are talking fundamentally about hybrid technology, double -use technology, which is what the Government is emphasizing and that is what Brussels is also asking to emphasize,” he said in relation to the European Union authorities; insisting that it is a transfer “as in previous years”.
Asked about the position regarding adding, partner of the PSOE in the central government, Montero has assured that the left -wing coalition, which a few days ago manifested by the mouth of its spokesman and Minister of Culture, Ernest Urtasun, who would decide on these operations depending on their content, “knows perfectly what those budget items are and there has been no problem in being able to process them”, as it has already happened, as it has already happened, as it has already happened, as it has already happened, as it has happened, as it has already happened, as it has already happened, as it has already happened, as it has already been above. “
“Bet to protect Europe”
“This is not a new issue, what is new is that we have to really bet on protecting Europe, for our security, which goes through many differentiating elements with other countries, through our geostrategic position, including cybersecurity and also cyber -cyberterrorism,” said María Jesús Montero.
The first vice president of the Government and Minister of Finance also pointed out that the central government “continues to work during the weekend to set up” its plan to “protect the Spanish productive fabric” in front of the tariffs agreed by the US administration of Donald Trump. In detail, the government provides for measures worth 14,100 million euros, with 7.4 billion new financing and another 6.7 billion euros of existing instruments, such as European recovery funds.
In line, he has asked the regional governments “to also put their powers on the table to protect” especially the agricultural sector, for exports from said sector to the United States.
They promise to get “as soon as possible” to 2% of GDP for defense
The Government spokeswoman and Minister of Education, Professional Training and Sports, Pilar Alegría, affected this Saturday in the commitment to arrive, “as soon as possible and without having to wait for 2029”, 2% of the gross domestic product (GDP) in defense.
Speaking to the media, Alegría highlighted the commitment that the Government of Spain maintains “from the first moment”, as “reliable partner we are”, to reach that 2%. “We had the requirement to meet it in 2029, and we have moved and agreed that we will arrive as soon as possible without waiting for 2029,” he said.
The Minister recalled that in that Wales agreement that was carried out with the government of Mariano Rajoy “there were several issues that had to be achieved and that we have been advancing in these years of government.” Thus, he stressed that, “since Sánchez is president, more than 10,000 million euros in defense year have been invested.”
In this regard, he commented that, “when we talk about defense and security, we do not have to focus only on the figures of when we will reach that GDP”, but also to “work to complete those needs and capabilities that Spain has.”
In this regard, Alegría spoke of “increasing that expense”, but “also of continuing to increase and improve potentialities from the point of view of new technology digitalization, which we will logically need.” Therefore, given the approval forecast of additional 2 billion for defense in the Council of Ministers, the spokeswoman did not confirm it and said that “you have to be prudent.”
They will approve the modification
The first vice president of the Government and Minister of Finance, María Jesús Montero, has confirmed this Saturday that the Council of Ministers next Tuesday will approve a budget modification to increase the expense in defense.
In relation to information published by the newspaper ‘El País’ on an approval on Tuesday of a 2,000 million item for defense, Montero has indicated that the Council of Ministers will approve budgetary modifications that “allow to accompany a budget that is extended and that needs to adapt to the needs of each moment.”
Speaking to journalists in a demonstration for health in Seville, he said that they are modifications very similar to those made in previous years.
Therefore, “they have no special characteristic, beyond the fact that the government has moved that its concept of defense is security” and refers fundamentally to hybrid technology, which is a “double -use technology in what the Executive is emphasizing,” he said.
WhatsAppFacebookTwitterLinkedinBeloudBluesky